Housing Benefit can help pay the rent and rates on your home. Rate Relief is help to pay your rates. To claim, you apply to the Housing Executive.

Claiming Housing Benefit
You can claim Housing Benefit if you pay rent and rates for your home and you:

  • are a Housing Executive tenant
  • are a housing association tenant
  • are a private tenant
  • live in a hostel
  • live in bed and breakfast accommodation
  • are a boarder or lodger

Rate Relief for tenants
If you're a tenant and you're getting Housing Benefit to pay some of your rates, you may be entitled to Rate Relief. If you aren't eligible for Housing Benefit, you might qualify for Rate Relief.

Find out more on NI Direct