Disability Action's Mobility Centre is the only centre of its kind in Ireland and is committed to promote the independence of people with disabilities by offering advice and assessment on all aspects of personal mobility.
We undertake driving assessments on behalf of Driver Vehicle Agency (DVA) and for private clients.
- This is an on-road assessment of driving ability and can last approximately two hours. Before any assessment is carried out Disability Action is required to obtain written medical advice from the person’s doctor regarding their fitness to drive.
- The assessment also includes visual screening to ensure that a person's vision meets the necessary guidelines for continued safe driving.
For further information on what happens at an assessment please visit http://www.disabilityaction.org/services-and-projects/driving/assessment/
- The Mobility Centre will assess the needs of people who travel as passengers in vehicles and will advise on specialist equipment that may be required for accessing and egressing motor vehicles as well as storage of wheelchairs.
We can also provide the following service:
- Information on personal mobility and the Motability Scheme.
- Information and contact details for Driver Vehicle Agency (DVA) Medical Section.
- Driving lessons for people with disabilities in most major towns throughout Northern Ireland.
- Information on local adaptation specialists
The Mobility Centre service operates from Belfast and seven regional offices in Newry, Dungannon, Omagh, Enniskillen, Derry/Londonderry, Coleraine and Ballymena.
For further information on this service please contact us email@example.com